Wednesday 10 August 2011

Braised Cucumbers


I guess like a lot of people, after watching the movie, Julie and Julia, I have been wanting to make Braised Cucumbers, just the way Julia Child would have made it. But of course I have tweaked her recipe just a little to my taste.

Ingredients:

1 Cucumber
1 tsp olive Oil ( Butter if you like)
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Mint leaves

Method:

Peel, dice and deseed the cucumber lengthwise into long bite size pieces. Heat oil or butter in a pan. Add the cucumber. Add salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat all the pieces with the oil. Let it cook on a high flame for 2 -3 minutes. Add fresh mint leaves. Toss again. Serve immediately

Do not overcook or cover with a lid, otherwise you will end up with a squishy squashy cucumber mash. I love the crunch and juiciness in the cucumbers even after being cooked, glazed with the lemon and mint......Serve piping hot...

No comments:

Post a Comment